Monday, February 2, 2009

NJCCCS & NETS

When looking at the assignment about the  NJCCCS it was not a new topic for me.  My district is very strick when it comes to lesson planning and we include at least 2 standards in every lesson plan that we do in each course everyday.  My students use technology all day long whether it be using our SMARTboard or the MacBooks or the regular PCs in our classroom but one thing that I have never heard of are the NETS.  I think that it is very important that students use technology as much as possible to learn.  We are in an age where everything is at the tip of our fingers all we have to do is press a button and information is right there.  These students will only be moving forward as technology keeps on advancing.  Teaching with just paper and pencil is great but it is not going to really be making them any smarter.  When we teach students using technology we will only be helping them move forward.  For my students benefits I plan on implementing more of the technology standards from the NJCCCS and the NETS into my lesson plans. By doing this I will be able to monitor my progress on how well I am incorporating technology into my curriculum. 

3 comments:

  1. I appreciated your input. I wish I was a part of your district where the technology is so readily available. I work an urban district where the technology is available but in small amounts. We have a technology center and each classroom has 4-6 computers in them, but the teachers only use them when they have to. The students do some research but very little. I saw a SMARTboard demonstration at the Teacher's Convention and we have one in our school but I have never seen it used. I believe that your students will greatly benefit from the technology that you plan on bringing into and already have in the classroom. Good luck with your own class.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Kristen; I agree with your comments about technology, and as you I am very grateful I work for a school that makes sure we have the best of technology at our disposal. Each and everyone of the teachers were given labtops, we have several computers room besides those available in the computer lab link and the library and they encourage us to become more technology literate and pay for the costs! Our school just implemented the use of Powerschool this year and it makes my life a lot easier when entering assignments and grades. There is waiting to wonder how a student is doing is always at your fingertips . I strongly believe children should be taught computer skills from the grade they start learning how to read and write!

    ReplyDelete
  3. It's rough. It's great that your district has the technology available to you. Teachers are competing with all this technology. There's only so much "show" you can put on while competing with this technology. You're competing with the t.v., internet, iPods, Wii, and whatever else you can think of. It's just rough when some districts are strapped for essential equipment for the classroom.

    Good luck in making it work in your classroom!

    ReplyDelete