Monday, March 9, 2009

Web-based Educational Resources

There are many educational resources out there on the internet for teachers to utilize in their classrooms to make learning exciting and fun.  Technology is a must in todays classrooms.  I have had personal experience using many interactive websites, as well as many of the listed sites for this weeks examining.  My school district also holds accounts with many other educational resources like A-Z books, Tumblebooks, United Streaming, Kidspiration, Nettrecker, etc.  By being allowed to incorporate these types of resources into my lessons my students have many opportunities to learn the topics that we discuss in a variety of ways.  By using computers and technology learning seems more fun and less like work.  In fact though they are learning and will probably have a better chance of retaining the information for longer since they are doing it in a fun way.  Learning straight out of the textbook and doing workbook pages is a way of the past the future is really in technology.  

1 comment:

  1. Hi Kristen!

    I agree with you, I remember when I was in elementary school we would sit, watch the teacher write on the board and work on handouts, nothing to fun or interesting happened. Now students can watch videos and go to different website in their lessons. I think it is so much more fun now to go to school than ever.

    ReplyDelete