Monday, March 2, 2009

Blogging

I think that blogging is a great idea to reach kids in a fun way.  I had taken online courses before but I have to say even though a discussion board on blackboard has the same idea as blogging there are so many extras that come along with using this type of format over the regular just blackboard.  I didn't realize how many educational blog spots there really are out there but it is amazing what you can find on the internet.  Between myspace, facebook, and this new thing I keep hearing about Twitter blogging is the new thing to do on the internet.  It is a great tool to keep in touch with friends or just to have a conversation/discussion on and find out new information from people all around the world.  Being a second grade teacher I was really trying to come up with a way to start using a blog type application in my classroom because I think that by starting my students early using this type of technology it can only benefit them in the long run.  I just opened my first account with WikiSpace.  It is another type of blogging outlet but I think it would be easier to use with students of their ages.  It will be an ongoing process and I am sure there are tons of other blogs that I can use with my student that I just haven't found out about yet.  I am going to give this one a try and see how it goes.  If I taught students in the upper grades I would probably use this application since it is so super easy to use.  I just think overall it is a fun way to teach and have all involved in the blog learning from each other.

2 comments:

  1. I am so glad you are getting involved in the "blogosphere". It can be overwhleming because there is just so much out there!

    By the way, have you tried Twitter?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have not tried it yet. But I am curious to see what it is all about. I will let you know if I do.

    ReplyDelete